In this time of need, as many people have lost their jobs, we have assembled a list of some of the organizations that are offering help or can provide referrals.
- United Way of the Low Country helpline is 843-524-4357(HELP). United Way has also started a COVID-19 relief fund and is asking for donations. More information is available here.
- Beaufort County is keeping an up-to-date list on non-profits that provide help for those in need, including food pantries. Find it here.
- The Community Foundation of the Low Country has begun a COVID-19 Response Fund to rapidly deploy resources to community-based, frontline nonprofit organizations addressing the COVID-19 pandemic in Beaufort, Jasper, Hampton and Colleton counties. It is seeded with $100,000 and the foundation is challenging the community to match it.
- If you donate $35 to HELP of Beaufort, which provides services for those in need, you can get a smoked ham for easter! Visit their site here.
- A Facebook group called "Lowcountry Auctions" has formed which auctions off various merchandise and gift cards with all proceeds going to food-service / hospitality workers that are out of work due to COVID-19. Check them out here. The group is managed by a Town of Yemassee resident.
- Lowcountry Food Bank serves the 10 coastal counties of South Carolina through distribution centers in Charleston, Yemassee, and Myrtle Beach.
- With schools being closed for the foreseeable future, all of our area school districts have initiated a grab-n-go meal route. Beaufort County School District, Colleton County School District, Hampton District One Schools, Hampton District Two Schools & the Jasper County School District all have meal routes and/or pickups available.