Welcome to Yemassee

Welcome to Yemassee! The Focal Point of the Four Counties

On Behalf of the Mayor, Town Council & Town Clerk, we welcome you to our town! Please find a listing below of helpful resources to make your move a smooth one! If you should ever need any help or guidance, please contact the Town Hall at (843) 589-2565 or visit us at 101 Town Circle.

Where Do I?

Pay My Vehicle Taxes/Register my Vehicle

  • In accordance with state law, you must notify the DMV (SC Department of Motor Vehicles).
  • It is DMVs record that the Beaufort & Hampton County Auditors use to determine the taxable value of your vehicle. Hampton County maintains its Auditors Office inside the B.T. Deloach Building in Hampton. Beaufort County maintains Auditors Offices at the County Government Complex on Ribaut Rd and at the Myrtle Park Professional Building in Bluffton.
  • DMV's record determines which taxing district you are in and where to mail your tax bill.
  • The wrong address on DMV’s records could result in paying too much tax or not receiving your tax bill.
  • This could delay the delivery or renewal of your registration and decal for your license plate.
  • Use the link below to print the form, complete it and mail it to DMV.
  • SC Department of Motor Vehicle Form 4057
  • Once you have made payment to the Auditors Office you will receive a receipt that you may take to DMV. Local DMV Offices are located in Allendale, Beaufort, Bluffton, Ridgeland & Walterboro. Check DMV wait times here!

How do I Register my Boat or Watercraft?

How do I Register to Vote?

How do I set up Water & Sewer Service?

  • Lowcountry Regional Water System (LRWS) is the provider for water and sewer throughout Hampton County including the Beaufort County portion of Yemassee. To see if there is already a tap at your location, please call (803) 943-1006 and speak to Engineering. If you are constructing a new residence or business, please complete the linked Water & Sewer Availability form and submit it to LRWS.

How do I establish the Electric & Natural Gas Service to my home or business?

What are my choices for Telephone, Cable & Internet Providers in the Town of Yemassee?

Who do I call in the event of an Emergency?

9-1-1. By calling 911 you will be routed to the nearest Public Safety Answering Point. Hampton County Dispatch provides Police, Fire & Medical Dispatch services for the entire Town of Yemassee (including the Beaufort County side). The Hampton County Fire/Rescue and Hampton County EMS will respond to emergencies within the Hampton County limits as dispatched. Beaufort County EMS and the Sheldon Township Fire District respond to all emergency calls on the Beaufort County side of Town. Rest assured, all of these departments work well together and will back-up each other whenever requested.

Where do I apply for a Building Permit?

One of the benefits of being a Town Resident is the availability of our in-house building inspector and permitting office. Please visit the Yemassee Municipal Complex, Customer Service Center for the correct paperwork needed for new home construction, mobile home placement permits, re-roofing, gas, and electrical permits. Our goal is to make the process as seamless as possible! Many times, inspections can be scheduled same day!